Mobile Marketing is the method of using the mobile world and medium as a means of marketing your business to mobile device users. With an increasing number of mobile device users, reaching your potential customers through various means of mobile marketing can mean higher conversions. Mobile devices are used for location-based searches, obtaining contact information, comparing products and services and more.
The Importance of Mobile Marketing
- In one year, the number of visitors browsing the Internet via mobile devices has quadrupled
- By the end of 2013, the number of people accessing Internet via tablets and high-end mobiles is expected to go beyond desktop and laptop users
- 71% of the Mobile phone Internet users expect the site to load as fast as it gets loaded on a desktop
Some Methods of Mobile Marketing include:
- QR Codes QR Code technology is becoming more and more popular and widely used in all industries. Using a QR code scanner that can be downloaded as an app through your smartphone, you can scan a QR code that can lead you to a website or a landing page for direct information about your business. Many have used QR codes on business cards, websites, landing pages and presentations to provide users with the direct information that they need about your business.
- SMS Marketing Text messaging is one of the most common ways that people use to communicate with others, even more than making phone calls. Approximately 175 million text messages are sent on a daily basis. SMS Marketing includes sending promotional text messages out to provoke a certain action, such as signing up for a contest.
- Click-to-Call Click-to-Call makes it easier for your customers to search for your business and instantly call you by clicking one button, rather than having to memorise or copy the phone number before making the call. By clicking on the phone number that appears, your phone will instantly dial out. Your customers appreciate this since your site and marketing efforts are mobile friendly.
- Push Notifications Push notification allows an app to notify you of new messages or events without the need to actually open the application. This is similar to how a text message will notify you through a sound or a pop-up message on your screen.
The Benefits of Mobile Marketing
- Word-of-Mouth MarketingIn mobile marketing, as you send advertisements, customers can receive and view them conveniently. As they find the advertisement to be interesting, customers instantly share it with their friends. Without an added cost, your advertisement can get shared to a larger audience.
- Better Response RateIn comparison to other forms of advertisements, mobile marketing generates higher responses. Mobile users receiving the marketing messages can get their queries answered directly just by replying to the message. This increases the chance of converting a visitor to a customer.
- Easy to Track ResultsIn mobile marketing, it is easy to track the effectiveness of the campaign. Number of messages, opened, read and deleted can be tracked easily. It is even possible to measure the number of messages that are shared as well.
MaaS Pros can assist you with:
- Word-of-Mouth Marketing
- Better Response Rate
- Easy to Track Results